To upgrade the Old School building to provide an area within the community where people can meet, socialise and develop friendships. It is also intended to move the local library into this building to provide an all-round social area.
- Installing a green energy heating system
- Installing library shelving
- Re-wiring and some new lighting
- Blackout window blinds
- Purchase stacking chairs and folding tables for multiple use
- Purchasing and installing a projector and screen so the building can be used as a community cinema
Residents of Niton, Whitwell and surrounding villages, together with hundreds of visitors in the summer months, will benefit from the project.