Access to Housing
The project is aimed at assisting single, non-statutory homeless people (not in priority needs through the homeless application route with the Isle of Wight Council) with low support needs to overcome financial barriers to private renting, match them with private landlords and provide support to all parties.
The grant will enable the Isle of Wight Law Centre to assist individauls with deposit bonds, bus fares, mileage costs, furniture and removal costs to enable them to find permanent accommodation and so provide a solid foundation from which to rebuild their lives.
To assist, the eligible criteria will be as follows –
- 18 or over
- Single or a childless couple
- On a low income or receiving benefits, eligible for Housing Benefit.
- Able to sustain a tenancy with reasonable housing support
- An Isle of Wight Resident
- Unable to raise the full deposit by their own means